WHY MICHIGAN’S MARRIAGE MENTOR MINISTRY MOVEMENT WILL SAVE MOTOWN AND OTHER GREAT LAKES CITIES TO REVIVE AMERICA
Vital Talking Points for Clergy & Leaders
IMPORTANCE OF MARRIAGE
Marriage is God’s first institution. Supporting this institution is clearly God’s will.
Marriage offers specific benefits which include:
- Better health
- Improved finances
- Greater workability for achieving goals
- Best environment for the education and safety of children
- Incubator for strong values
- Best social welfare agency for children, youths, disabled, elderly, and adults.
- Great model for safeguarding wisdom from generation to generation
- Longer life spans
Marriage strengthens households, congregations, neighborhoods, businesses, communities — our entire civilization.
Marriage provides the most effective foundation for the health, economy, safety, and security of a nation
MARRIAGE MENTOR MINISTRY MOVEMENT (4M)
- Married Mentor Couples help couples of all kinds, a proven model of fruitfulness for millennia
- Marriage Mentor Ministry provides significant and transformative volunteer opportunities for members of the congregation.
- Mentor couples become more invested in the church, mosque, synagogue, or temple, than they had ever been before.
- Marriage Mentors offer valuable experience, insights, and skills that will benefit younger couples when they encounter difficult times.
- Mentor couples deepen their marriages and joy of life together as they help other couples to discover the great riches that marriage offers men, women, and children—a rich human resource for their own families, congregations neighborhoods, and the larger community.
- Marriage Mentor Couples will bring life into your congregation at no cost but true love and the spirit of adventure.
- By providing support and encouragement to married couples, we safeguard and protect the most vulnerable of us, our children, the Greatest In The Kingdom, according to one historic great teacher.
- Marriage Mentor Ministry provides a great model for making Good Things Happen:
- Like the sudden appearance of couples in the pews
- Passing a full basket back, making tithing a real experience and committed value for the congregation
- Ministries become more available
- Marriage becomes the norm
- Marriage creates safety for the entire community
- Marriage becomes a plentiful community resource for spreading shared values, understanding, and the wealth of information available to fellow neighbors
- Manners and courtesy suddenly show up amongst the children and young people (i.e. tomorrow’s work force, doctors, nurses, healthcare workers, clergy, public safety team, builders and trades people, taxpayers, caretakers, contributors, donors, and much, much, more)